One aversion to using colored pencils is the assumption that color pencils are very slow in coloring large image areas. Actually, this problem can be solved by changing the way it holds the pencil. How to hold a pencil greatly affects the coloring of the image.
But before you teach your child color with the color pencil, it will be better if you teach draw for kids or coloring for kids through tutorial video from youtube first. Once your child knows the basic via video then you can directly teach it on paper by using colored pencils. Here are some tips to produce the desired effect!
1. Hold a color pencil like holding a pencil or a pen
This is a great way to create lines and color the small and detailed drawing areas. The results color the image in this manner neat and precise. However, this method will cause the fingers get tired when used in a large picture area.
2. Hold a color pencil like holding a knife
This is more ergonomic for coloring large image areas. The power generated by holding a pencil like this is much bigger than the previous way. By holding a knife, hands are not tired when coloring a large image area. The image coloring results in this way are also more evenly distributed.
Hold the color pencil as if holding a shovel
This method is used when the color pencil is short, while the area of the image to be colored large. Applying a colored pencil with a hand-held backing barrier can reduce pencil pressure on paper, so the polished color is thinner but still evenly distributed.
4. Use thick cardboard or newspaper to spread the drawing paper. The base paper makes the coloring results more evenly distributed. The softer the base of the drawing, the easier, smoother, and evenly colored the results.
5. Place the outside of the index finger outside the border of an image. Use the outer side of the finger as a pencil movement border when coloring the image. Slide the finger in the direction of the pencil movement coloring. Thanks to the help of the index finger, pencil graffiti will not cross the image boundary when colored.
6. Overwrite a dominant color with other colors to produce an exotic color effect. Note the grass color on the picture above. The dominant color of green is overwritten with red and purple as a grass accent.